Friday, July 26, 2013
The summer has nearly come to an end and it has taken quite a while to get everything squared away to begin do my research in the Duck Lake Fire Zone. One of my major obstacles was trying to get all of the materials to build my cubes. I have just finished welding the cubes and I am now in the process of painting them. The second major obstacle was that I wasn't sure if I needed a permit for my research or not. I contacted the DNR office and it was lucky that I did since I do need a permit. However, the process was pretty simple and I was able to get all of my paperwork together and will be receiving my permit next week. Now, I just need to go over all of my gear and make sure that I have everything that I need. I still need a couple of supplies. I am hoping that I will begin the research next week as long as everything goes according to plan. Fingers crossed I guess.