This blog will be following my San Francisco Expedition with National Geographic and the Smithsonian
Institute. It will also follow my own work on my senior research project for LSSU.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Under 48 Hours Out

Less than 48 hours remain before I depart for the expedition. I have a feeling my sleep schedule is going to be at a severe detriment during these last two nights. Especially, since early mornings beckon. This weekend has been a whirlwind of packing and cleaning. The house is the cleanest it has been all winter. I love coming home from a trip to a perfectly clean house. After a trip it always seems like you need another mini one to unwind and prepare for the return to daily life. I know after this trip especially (which I have a feeling will pass much too quickly) I will need that unwinding period.

Packing is also one of the hardest things for a trip. You always seem to over think what you really need and almost always forget something that you do. I have laid everything out and have nearly finished packing. I cannot finish until I complete my last day of coursework. The last of my necessities are laid out on the chair awaiting placement in my carry-on. My camera is cleaned and ready for action. It is going to need a vacation from the amount of photos I will be taking on this trip.

Now, I must attempt to rest for this last day of preparation until I leave. I hope I can actually get at least a little sleep and let this excitement take a break for a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment